PRICING & POLICIES
I offer in-home music lessons in your home in Ripton, Vermont, and surrounding areas, including Middlebury, Weybridge, Cornwall, and most of Addison County, Vermont. Books and any other supplies will still be available for purchase through me at cost.
Current availability for in-home music lessons in Addison County, Vermont:
- Mon-Weds from 5-7pm
- Thursday-Friday 9am-5pm
Online lessons are available with flexible and short-notice scheduling.
If you need lessons at a specific time, please contact me and I’ll do my best to work with your schedule!
IN-HOME LESSON PRICING
Lessons must be paid in full at the beginning of the month - all forms of payment including cash, check, and card accepted. Gift Certificates are available!
Current lesson pricing:
- $25/20 minute lesson (ages 3-7 only)
- $30/30 minute lesson (ages 6+; my most popular option)
- $50/60 minute lesson
Please contact me if there are extenuating circumstances regarding payment. I do not want price to prevent anyone from learning music!
**$5 sibling/family discount per lesson for additional students in the same home, same day!**
**NEW Neighborhood Discount program: if you refer another student in the same neighborhood for lessons either immediately before or after your lesson on the same day, you'll receive a $5 per lesson discount!**
**REFERRAL PROGRAM: For each new student who signs up for lessons, the referring student will receive one free lesson! Free lesson will be credited after the new student completes one month of lessons.**
The "Busy Adult" program: For adults and older students with ever-changing schedules, I offer an a la carte lesson program. Request lessons as you need them, pay by the lesson - no weekly time commitment. This arrangement works best with students in high school or above who have the motivation and knowledge to practice on their own between lessons.
I offer a complimentary meet & greet with each prospective student before beginning lessons. This gives me a chance to find your home to ensure I arrive on time for future lessons, and offers you the chance to ask any questions you may have about music, your instrument, or what to expect when studying with me. It also allows us to review your musical goals and background so we know where to begin!
- Your lesson time has been reserved for you. If you cannot attend for any reason other than illness (including illness of anyone else in your home - I don't want to bring germs to my other students!) and give less than 24 hours’ notice, a makeup will not be scheduled. The price of the lesson will not be refunded. Please text (preferred) or call if you are unable to keep your lesson.
- If you must miss a lesson and give more than 24hrs' notice, I will do my best to reschedule the lesson for another day that month; otherwise the lesson will roll over to the next month.
- If a student misses two (2) consecutive lessons without speaking with me, the lesson time will not be held for the student and may be released. If the student wishes to continue after this, the lesson may be rescheduled for a different day or time.
- Payment is due at the first lesson of the month unless there are extenuating circumstances. If this is the case please speak with me beforehand. Payment is due when books are issued.
- If I need to cancel lessons for any reason, I will contact the student and/or parent ahead of time and attempt to reschedule. Please provide the best contact number.
- Parents and siblings are welcome to observe during the lesson; however all children not taking the lesson must be accompanied by an adult AT ALL TIMES. This is for your safety and well-being as well as the value of the student’s time and money in the lesson.