PRICING & POLICIES
I offer a complimentary meet & greet with each prospective student (including online) before beginning lessons. This gives me a chance to find your home to ensure I arrive on time for future lessons (or set up your computer), and offers you the chance to ask any questions you may have about music, your instrument, or what to expect when studying with me. It also allows us to review your musical goals and background so we know where to begin!
Please note I do not teach string instruments (guitar etc) to students under the age of 6. For very young beginners, starting with piano is the best way for them to learn musical ideas and concepts without the individual finger dexterity and strength required to make playing guitar enjoyable.
NEW WEATHER & ILLNESS POLICIES
- In the event of inclement weather of any type (rain, snow, sleet, ice, power outages, etc) at your home, please use your judgment and TEXT me as soon as possible. If you wouldn't want to be out in the current circumstances, chances are I cannot safely do so either. It is ALWAYS better to be safe and miss a lesson and remember, there is NO CHARGE for lessons missed due to weather! We can do a same-time online lesson instead too!
- If ANYONE in your home has been ill (fevers, stomach issues, contagious colds, coughs, etc) within 48hrs of the lesson, again please use your judgement and TEXT me as soon as possible. If anyone has missed work or school within 48hrs, or you wouldn't have company spend time in your home, PLEASE do not invite me into your home for lessons - if the student is just recovering from an illness, s/he may not feel up to a lesson either! Although it may not seem like a big deal since I'm not there very long, if I end up with a cold/flu/etc, I will then lose a week or more of lessons as I will not teach when I am sick. Please also be respectful of your neighbors and friends who are also learning music with me, and understand that, while a wintertime runny nose may not be a big deal to you, it could cancel lessons for the neighborhood for the next week. There is NO CHARGE for lessons missed due to illness, and if you're ever not sure, please reach out and we can discuss what the right solution is. We can do a same-time online lesson instead!
For canceled lessons due to weather or illness, I am now offering online lessons at the same time. This means if you usually have a Wednesday 6pm lesson and it's too icy for me to safely come to you, or someone in your home has a fever, we can meet via Facetime or Skype at 6pm for our regularly-scheduled lesson. This way nobody misses a lesson, and everyone is safe and healthy. Please note for young students, parents should be available during the lesson to help with any hand placement or trouble spots to review. Thank you in advance for understanding!
I offer in-home music lessons in your home in Ripton, Vermont, and surrounding areas, including Middlebury, Salisbury, Weybridge, and Cornwall, Vermont. Books and any other supplies are available for purchase through me at cost.
Current availability (last updated 11/7/19) for in-home music lessons in Addison County, Vermont:
- Online/flexible schedule lessons ONLY
If you are interested in lessons at a specific time, please contact me and I’ll see what we can do! I'm happy to refer you to other area teachers if our schedules don't work out.
IN-HOME LESSON PRICING
Lessons must be paid in full at the beginning of the month - all forms of payment including cash, check, and card accepted. Gift Certificates are available!
Current lesson pricing (as of 8/28/19):
- $25/20 minute piano lesson (ages 3-6 only; piano only)
- $30/30 minute guitar or piano lesson (ages 6+; my most popular option)
- $40/45 minute guitar or piano lesson (great for advancing students who aren't quite ready for an hour)
- $50/60 minute lesson
Please contact me if there are extenuating circumstances regarding payment. I do not want price to prevent anyone from learning music!
discount & Referral programs
- Sibling/family discount: $5 off per lesson for additional students after the first student in the same home, same day!
- Referral Program: For each new student who signs up for lessons, the referring student will receive one free lesson! Free lesson will be credited after the new student completes one month of lessons.
- The "Busy Adult" program: For adults and older students with ever-changing schedules, I offer an a la carte lesson program. Request lessons as you need them, pay by the lesson - no weekly time commitment. This arrangement works best with students in high school or above who have the motivation and knowledge to practice on their own between lessons.
- Your lesson time has been reserved for you. If you cannot attend for any reason other than weather or illness (including illness of anyone else in your home over the previous 48hrs - I don't want to bring germs to my other students!) and give less than 24 hours’ notice, a makeup will not be scheduled. The price of the lesson will not be refunded. Please text (preferred) or call if you are unable to keep your lesson.
- If you must miss a lesson and give more than 24hrs' notice, the lesson will roll over to the next month.
- If a student misses two (2) consecutive lessons without speaking with me, the lesson time will not be held for the student and may be released. If the student wishes to continue after this, the lesson may be rescheduled for a different day or time.
- Payment is due at the first lesson of the month unless there are extenuating circumstances. If this is the case please speak with me beforehand. Payment is due when books are issued.
- If I need to cancel lessons for any reason (including weather), I will contact the student and/or parent ahead of time and attempt to reschedule. Please provide the best contact number.
- Parents and siblings are welcome to observe during the lesson; however all children not taking the lesson must be accompanied by an adult AT ALL TIMES. This is for your safety and well-being as well as the value of the student’s time and money in the lesson.