One positive that's come out of this year is many students of all ages are finding the time to learn music - and since I'm not traveling between students, I actually have more students now than I did in-person!
With the increase of potential students, and considering how online lessons work for students of different ages and abilities, I've got some updates to the "can you teach this" question.
I DO teach the following (online):
- Beginner to intermediate piano for ages 8+
- Parents strongly encouraged to sit in on the lesson for students ages 8-10, especially if we are starting from scratch online
- Ages 6-7 may be a possibility if we've worked together in person and/or parents can sit in on the lesson to assist with hand position
- Beginner to intermediate guitar for ages 8+
- Parents strongly encouraged to sit in on the lesson for students ages 8-10
- I don't recommend starting from scratch online for students under age 12 unless parents are familiar with guitar and can sit in on the lesson to assist with hand position
- Vocal coaching for ages 12+
- Online vocal coaching focuses primarily on breathing techniques, vocal exercises, and healthy singing
- Songwriting and singer/songwriter coaching for ages 12+
- Performance/audition coaching for ages 12+
- This includes livestream performance coaching, if you're new to streaming and need some help with your streams!
- Music theory for ages 12+
I DO NOT teach the following (online):
- Guitar to any students under age 8
- Piano lessons to students under age 8 unless we've been working together in person
- Early music/music appreciation/intro to music for young students
I'm happy to help find instructors for anything I don't teach! If you've acquired an instrument you're unsure of, please don't hesitate to reach out, and we'll see what we can do!