I look forward to joining you on your virtual musical journey!
I offer a complimentary virtual meet & greet with each prospective student before beginning lessons. This gives us a chance to get your musical setup ready and offers you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about music, your instrument, or what to expect when learning with me. It also allows us to review your musical goals and background so we know where to begin! My virtual studio is LGBTQ+ friendly and all students (and families!) are welcome. Music lessons are a safe space for all.
Please read below for my current studio policies. If you have questions or would like to discuss anything further, please don't hesitate to reach out.
By attending lessons, you agree to the policies below.
**SCHEDULE UPDATE 25 JUNE 2023: Summer tour season is in full swing! All prospective students will be added to my wait list for fall lessons, beginning in October. Rest assured all inquiries from the form below will be received, and I'll respond as I'm able! Replies may be delayed while I'm on tour. Looking forward to meeting you soon!**
What I Offer:
- Student-centered lesson plans blending traditional methods with student goals
- Flexible and encouraging teaching style
- Positive and engaging learning environment
- Open dialogue regarding student progress
What I expect from you:
- Dedication to practice outside lessons
- Respectful learning environment
- Punctuality and preparedness for lessons
- Honest communication regarding student progress, goals, and challenges
- Tuition for the month is due at the first lesson of the month unless there are extenuating circumstances. If this is the case please speak with me as soon as possible.
- Payment is accepted via check, Venmo, and Paypal. A 4% processing fee applies to all online payments including Venmo and Paypal (eg, if the lesson total is $140 for the month, the payment total via Venmo will be $145.60). NOTE: In Fall 2023 I will be moving to an inclusive tuition model, so all fees will be included in the updated tuition rates at that time.
- If tuition is unpaid by the morning of the second lesson with no further communication, a 5% late fee will be applied & remaining lessons will be canceled until tuition is paid (eg, if the lesson & fee is $145.60, a $7.28 late fee will be added for a total of $152.88 if paid the second week of the month).
- Books and supplemental sheet music must be prepaid prior to me placing an order.
- Families should expect annual tuition increases.
- Your lesson time has been reserved for you. If you cannot attend and give less than 24 hours’ notice, tuition will be forfeited. Please text (preferred) or email as soon as possible if you are unable to keep your lesson.
- If you must miss a lesson and give more than 24hrs' notice, the tuition will roll over to the next month.
- If I need to cancel a lesson for any reason, the tuition will roll over to the next month.
- I will wait up to five (5) minutes for students. Any delays longer than 5 minutes will be charged for the full lesson and no lesson will be given. I cannot stay late to make up time as I need to respect the time scheduled for others.
- If a student misses two (2) consecutive lessons without speaking with me, the lesson time will not be held for the student and may be released. If the student wishes to continue after this, the lesson may be rescheduled for a different day or time.
- Should you need to stop taking music lessons with me, please let me know. We may be able to work with scheduling conflicts or address practice issues if desired. Goals and needs change and I would much rather have a student pause lessons if for any reason it's not working out.
- I reserve the right to discontinue lessons with any student whose behavior, work, or attendance is unsatisfactory, or for unpaid tuition.
- I take off the week between Christmas and New Years.
- I do teach throughout the summer, tour schedule permitting! Lessons are available year-round. Summer schedules may be a bit sporadic.
- I usually teach through school breaks as I have students around the country with varying school schedules. If you're planning to be away on vacation, that's totally fine - let me know at the start of the month & I'll invoice you for the month accordingly.
TOURING & TIME AWAY
I am a full-time musician, and I may take time away due to touring throughout the year (busiest time is usually July-October). Ample notice will be given and students will have the option for practice packs during my time away from teaching. Schedules can remain the same upon my return.
Zoom recitals are scheduled twice annually, in December and late spring (May/June). Students are not required to participate, but I highly encourage giving it a try! Showing what you've learned to family & friends can be so empowering and rewarding.